Sarah Appleton: Counselling
Thursdays 16.30-20.30 Please contact Sarah if you would like to see her on a different day or at another time
Sarah Appleton BA (Hons) Dip Counselling CQSW MBACP (Accred)
Sarah holds a degree in Sociology (University of Warwick), Post-Graduate qualification in Social Work (University of Bristol), Certificate and Diploma in Counselling (University of the West of England and Filton College); qualifying as a Counsellor in 2007.
Sarah brings over 10 years’ experience working in Health and Social Care in the Statutory Sector; including working as an Associate Counsellor for the Avon NHS Partnership Occupational Health Service (APOHS).
In addition she has worked with parents in Children's Centres in Bristol for over 10 years.
- General Counselling to persons over 18 years
- Short or long term dependent on need
- Integrative style: combining mainly a person-centred approach with some Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) tools.
How can Counselling help?
Counselling provides a calm space for listening, supporting, containing and helping the person to develop their own strategies for coping with everyday living and adaptation to change. Person-centred counselling allows the client to identify their own strengths and promotes a sense of feeling empowered and more in control of their life. Within the context of an accepting and listening relationship it is possible to develop an awareness of how positive changes can be achieved.
Issues people bring to Counselling
Sarah has experience working with people affected by the following:
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss and bereavement
- Identity issues
- Adjustment to challenging life changes
- Issues linked with addiction
- Difficulties with confidence or low self-esteem
- Problems in relationships with family, colleagues, partner or friends
- Issues related to abuse in childhood
One client reflected on how Counselling with Sarah had helped her:
“It was so important for me to have a safe place where I could come and just talk, cry and not be judged”. (anon)
Sarah practises at:
- The Southville Clinic, 68 Coronation Road, Bristol, BS3 1AS.
- Garden Cottage, Beckspool Road, Frenchay, BS16 1NT.
- Vicarage Farm Holistic & Beauty Therapy Centre, Vicarage Lane, Olveston Bristol BS35 4BT.
You can contact Sarah on 0117 963 2335 or
07563 053308 (text/voicemail available)
Preferred contact is email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices for Counselling
For assessment and subsequent sessions (50 min): £50
Registered and accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) 571647
Holistic Insurance Services
Data Protection Registration Reference A8269778